Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Christmas Countdown 2011 - Find out how many days until Christmas 2011

Christmas Countdown 2011 - Find out how many days until Christmas 2011

I love the festivities involved in Christmas. I love listening to Christmas music while decorating the tree, setting up the Nativity Scene, baking sweet chocolaty fudge at Grandma's house, and standing at the end of the driveway making the drumroll sound while my husband plugs in the Christmas lights for the first time (this is us reenacting Christmas Vacation). All of these little things bring me much happiness and I'm so very thankful for them! It's the little things that count right?

The magic that Christmas brings makes me smile. This holiday reminds me to believe! Believe in what? It reminds me to believe in miracles (now if you don't believe in miracles it's time you start-go here to start believing http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjTob53BElQ). It reminds me to believe in happiness, in goodness and giving. It reminds me that there is so much to this life, much more than what my mind can see. It reminds me to slow down and see what's truly important in life...the true meaning of Christmas and that is the incredible act of love. For me it is a majestic time to remember the birth of Christ and share the gift of giving.

What traditions do you have for Christmas?

No comments: